Help support the next generation of worker and social justice.
It’s up to you to shape the next generation of labor and social justice leaders! Become a Friend of the Community and Labor Project and together we can ensure that our talented students will continue to strengthen the fight for justice.
Each summer we place graduate student fellows with some of the most dynamic labor unions and nonprofits in the San Diego region. We also employ both graduate and undergraduate students throughout the year on projects that advance their leadership skills, their research interests, and transform their lives for the better.
Please indicate that your gift goes to the Community Labor Project within the Department of Ethnic Studies on the donation page linked below. You must state both otherwise it is likely that your gift will not get routed properly to us.
Please indicate: Donate only to Ethnic Studies Community and Labor Project
Here are a few of our recent accomplishments:
- Developed a new diversity, equity, and inclusion requirement course for the Scripps Institute of Oceanography and Ethnic Studies to teach the science of environmental justice. And developed a dynamic new report: The State of Environmental Racism in San Diego.
- Created a resource guide for deportees to Tijuana that connects the most marginalized populations with critical social services and know your rights information.
- Created savvy social media and video projects to document the struggles of everyday workers in San Diego.
- Organized campus events to unite the issues of mass incarceration and mass deportation. Brought important community leaders and activists to campus to share experiences of the prison industrial complex and to challenge the incarceration of communities of color.
- Facilitated community forums on economic justice and labor rights issues in San Diego and helped to develop a research agenda on economic justice and workers’ rights in the region.